CELPIP Writing Task 1 (Writing an Email) - Practice ( Write an email about returning book )



CELPIP Writing Task 1 - Writing an Email Practice


1) About Writing Task 1

* Task Total Time: 27 minutes

- You will get information about the situation.
- You will get the writing options and You should insert these options to your contents.
- You should finish writing within 27 minutes.

- Writing Task 1 screen.


2) Practice Task 1 - Write an email about the return book

* Task Information

 - You borrowed three books from the school library. Unfortunately, You can not return the books on time. Explain what has happened and tell the library administrator what you want to do about it.

* Write an email to the volunteer in about 150-200 words. Your email should do the following things

- Explain why you can not return books on time.
- Tell them when can you return books.
- Write down how the library staff should handle it.

3) Practice Answers

Answer 1





Dear Sir or Madam,

 I am writing this letter to explain why I have been unable to return the three books have out on a three-day loan, which are now overdue.

 After taking the books out on 16th March, I had an urgent phone call from my elderly grandmother's neighbour to say that my grandmother had had a fall and had been taken into hospital. I am her only surviving relative in this country, so I felt I had to go and see her immediately. I travelled down to Surrey the following morning, thinking I would stay for only four or five days.

 Unfortunately, my grandmother's condition has only improved very slowly, so I have had to stay here longer than expected. However, the hospital says that if all goes well, she should be able to go home in four or five days' time, in which case I will be back at the beginning of next week. but when I back home, I will return books immediately.

 Dealing in mind the circumstances I trust you will kindly waive any fines that may have accumulated.

Yours sincerely



Answer 2





Dear Mr. Alfred,

 I am a 3rd year nursing major student and a regular borrower of books from our college library. I have borrowed two reference books from the library a week ago but I am afraid I cannot return them in time.

 The internship department office asked me to stay in another city to practice nursing. This is an important opportunity to build a career and I look forward to learning teamwork while working with my boss. so I left my city last week but I forgot to borrow a book by mistake and stay here for a few days.

 Considering my situation, I am hoping you would permit me to keep the books a week more day. Kindly, extend the return date to 27th September so that I can avoid any fine or penalty for a late submission. I will return books late this month.

 I am expecting your kind consideration regarding this matter.

Yours sincerely,


Powered by Blogger.